Andy Hunt. Author, Publisher,
Placebo effect: it's not all in your head
From an article in Wired:
Ironically, Big Pharma's attempt to dominate the central nervous system has ended up revealing how powerful the brain really is. The placebo response doesn't care if the catalyst for healing is a triumph of pharmacology, a compassionate therapist, or a syringe of salt water. All it requires is a reasonable expectation of getting better.
You, too, can release opiates, alter hormone and other chemical levels, heart rate and blood pressure. Change your expectation, and change your world.
New novel: Weatherly Hall
August 10, 2021
The Pragmatic Programmer, 20th Anniversary Edition
May 7, 2019
New Album, "far flung thoughts"
February 28, 2019
- List All News...
Why Are There So Many Misconceptions Around Agile?
November 20, 2020
The Four Keys To Rapid Response Software Development
January 14, 2019
Bailing Out Your Company
September 12, 2018
- List All Articles...
Upcoming and Recent Appearances
- Private Keynote, Fortune 500 company. Sep 30, 2020
- TDev Conference Keynote. Oct 3, 2020
- Private Keynote, Large Venture Capital firm. Oct 20, 2020
- DevOps Summit Keynote. Nov 7, 2020
- AgileMovement.it Keynote Nov 14, 2020
- Empowering Agile Fireside Chat, Feb 25, 2021
Email email@example.com to book Andy for your next keynote or session.